Lauren E. Miller, MSc, MSW, LSW
Director of Youth Programs & Youth Social Worker
Program coordinator of
Youth Development Program
Lauren E. Miller (African-American/Mvskoke-Creek) is the Director of Youth Programs & Youth Social Worker, for American Indian Health Services of Chicago, Inc. Lauren has a Master’s of Social Work degree (MSW) from the School of Social Service Administration, The University of Chicago and a Master’s of Science degree (MSc) in Gender, Rights and Development Studies, from the University of Glasgow, Scotland, UK. Lauren has been an advocate in youth and gender-based violence awareness for the last 12 years, and has worked/volunteered for Amnesty International, UNIFEM, the Kosova Women’s Network, the Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women’s Network and Rape Victim Advocates.
- Licensed Social Worker: 150.103254
- Master of Social Work (MSW), The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 2015
- Master of Science (MSc), Gender, Rights and Development Studies, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom, 2005
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Major: Cultural Religious Studies, Minors: Anthropology and Japanese Studies, DePaul University, Chicago, IL 2003
- Illinois Victims Assistance Academy (IVAA), 2018
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST), 2018
- 40 Hour Mediation Training, Center for Conflict Resolution 2018
- Peacemaking Keeper Circle Training, Community Youth Justice Institute, 2018
- 40 Hour Domestic Violence Training, Apna Ghar 2013
- 60 Hour Sexual Assault Advocacy Training, Rape Victim Advocates (RVA), 2012
- 20 Hour Court Advocacy Training, Chicago Metropolitan Battered Women’s Network, 2013
- DCFS Mandated Reporter Certificate of Completion, 2018
- 12 Hour Education and Violence Prevention Training, Rape Victim Advocates (RVA), 2015
- American Indian Science and Engineering (AISES)
- American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Legal Advocacy Fund Committee member, American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Equity and Inclusion Committee member, American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Adult College Success Council member, Women Employed
- Advocacy Council Leadership Committee member, Women Employed
- AIHSC Representative for the Chicago Citywide Literacy Coalition
- Bean, Lauren E., Farnsworth, Nicole, Rizvanolli, Illire. “Kosovar Civil Society Report to the United Nations on violence against women in Kosovo.” United Nations Development Fund for Women (UNIFEM), 2005.
- Bean, Lauren E., (Book Review) Women of the Way Discovering 2,5000 Years of Buddhist Wisdom, by Sallie Tisdale, Harper Collins, 2006. Kyoto Journal, Perspectives from Asia, Issue 69 (2008).
- Bean, Lauren E., (Book review) Defending our Dreams: Global Feminist Voices for a New Generation, by Kristy Evans, Anasuya Sengupta, Shamillah Wilson, Zed Books,2006, Oxfam’s Gender and Development Journal (2006).